11 Week Hip Hop Industry Training scheme
The aim of the training scheme is to provide learners who are currently, or who may in the near future, be working in the hip hop dance industry with introductory knowledge and skills necessary for employment.
The NZQA approved Unit Standards will include 26 credits at level 1, 2 & 3 in:
- Nutrition for a hip hop dancer
- Hip hop dance choreography fitness
- Personal presentation & attitude for working in a professional dance studio
- Stretching for hip hop dance
- Costume design for a hip hop performance
- Music technology for hip hop dance
- for more detailed information on the Unit Standards covered click here
As part of the training scheme we also offer work experience opportunities in:
- Dance Studio Management
- Social Media Management
- Event Management & Merchandising
Year 12 or 13 Gateway or STAR students who have attained NCEA Level 1 or higher (Year 11 Students will be accepted at the school’s discretion) are eligible to attend.
How to Apply:
Entry into The Palace Academy of Dance is through the schools Gateway Coordinator/Careers advisor
For our proposed 2020 dates and locations click here, classes run 9am to 3pm (on Fridays) with tutors available 8am to 4pm.